Monday 19 March 2012

Tim's tags of 2012 - March



Well, I'd started the March tag a couple of weeks ago, with Tim's background wallpaper stamp (as I haven't got a woodgrain stamp), I'd diecut the butterflies with Tim's mosaic technique (embossed with distress embossing powder in tattered rose), stamped the quote "it's the little things that make life big", and then ...  how to embellish?  I couldn't decide, & it had been sitting around for a week or two, waiting for inspiration!!


Meanwhile, I had diecut some tiny flowers out of alcohol-inked glossy paper for my "inspire" canvas for May Flaum's "Curious Scrapbooker's Field Guide" class.  I had some of the flowers left over, they were sitting around with a few unused buttons & other bits & pieces from the project...

So the other morning, I saw the flowers and the butterflies together - that's it, I thought - add the flowers & buttons to the March tag!!  Which I did!

I did think of redoing the quote, as I've got Tim's "disorderly" stamp - "one of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries", which I though was very appropriate and as an (extremely) disorderly crafter, so true!

But in the end I went with the original... bits & pieces attached, tag done - eventually!!

Back soon! Kay

1 comment:

  1. Lovely tag! I love your flowers and your mosaic butterflies!

    ReplyDelete