Wednesday 28 March 2012

Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry 101 - Day 8

Day 8 ... waiting for paint to dry!!! - but on the plus side, I had time to sort out most (some!!) of my supplies which had spread out in the dining (craft!) room over the past week or so!!!

1) Dabber resist,on canvas & inks with distress stains - I liked the effect, not sure about my colours though, I think I want some different ones (see below though)!



2) Crackle paint resist - I love the effect of crackle paint!  I diluted dried marigold & tumbled glass re-inker (1 drop re-inker to a spritz or two of water) to use instead of distress stains, along with tattered rose, antique linen & a little peeled paint stains.  I wanted a pale background, & I loved how it turned out - not sure about the placing of the stamps though!!  Oh well!! ...


3) Shattered stains - I love rock candy crackle!!!  I decided to try out different ways of colouring the dry crackle.  From the bottom  ...
a) distress markers
b) distress stains, with a little left-over diluted re-inker
c) dylusions ink spray, spritzed into a palette, and painted onto the bird with a brush, with a little left-over diluted re-inker as above


I also used the distress markers on a butterfly...


I can't believe there's only 2 technique days left!  I'll have to make sure that I now use everything I've learnt from Tim!!!

Back soon,   Kay
           

No comments:

Post a Comment