Day 3 was all about Archival Inks. And this almost totally the day of umbrellas (I don't know why - it wasn't raining, we've actually had some lovely sunny days!!)
|1) Alcohol Ink Agates (left)|
2) Archival Resist (centre)
3) stamping with reflections (right)
For the background, I used a mix of six inks, Gold Mixative & Blending solution. Then I stamped Art Journey's "Umbrella Girl" in Black Archival over the top. I love alcohol inks!
2) Archival Resist
So the other day I bought a couple of 'bright' archival inks (I'd only got black & sepia) and used these (Magenta Hue & Aquamarine) together with StazOn mustard & pumpkin for the "resist" (Stampington stamps, & actual bubble wrap!). Then I added distress stains & finally the images in black archival.
3) Stamping with reflections
OK, so most of my texture fades are all-over patterns, apart from Tim's small set. And with my first attempt using - yes, you've guessed, Umbrella Man - this didn't cover the whole of the tag! And I haven't got any reflections stamps - so this is my take on it! I stamped a PaperArtsy image in black archival onto the texture fade using a small tag, from which I then ripped off the top & bottom & inked with distress. For the 'background' tag, I just inked up the texture fade with Aquamarine archival & then went over with distress. (I haven't yet dared to cut a slit in any of my texture fades!!)
So I've finally got my day 3's sample tags! But these weren't my first attempts! I definitely learnt from my first three!
1) Alcohol ink agates - after I'd stamped with black archival, I decided it should have a bit more blue, so I started over the tag with another layer of alcohol ink - wrong!!! - the alcohol ink started to dissolve the archival!!! Oops!!
2) Archival resist - when you've got two inks in plum (dark) & amythyst (bright) with similar lids (Ancient Page archival), pick up the correct one! My 1st attempt was going OK until I used the plum!!! Oops!!
3) Stamping with reflections - if you're using a small texture fade, do this on a separate piece & add to a background as the embossing folder tends to mark at the bottom & at the sides! And I discovered I haven't got many 'background' stamps (or any reflections stamps)!! Oh well!!
Back soon with days 4 & 5!! Kay