Sunday 11 December 2011

12 tags day 11

Tim's tag is wonderfully retro 1950's & colourful - I knew I should have bought the stamp set!  And I can't believe I haven't got any of Tim's christmas wording stamps!!! (just another couple of things for my wishlist!!).
As I'd already used Tim's 'vintage' Santa and 'damask' reindeer on previous tags, I decided to use PaperArtsy stamps instead, hence red greeting & the green tree! I just love the effect of distress ink on glossy card, flicked with water; as Tim said in his blog, "the water droplets will create a faux-bleach effect on the gloss paper (way more than using this technique on regular cardstock)."  I love the background to my tag (in reality, its a brighter blue!)
I failed on the shrink plastic/UTEE embellishment!  I've know I've got some shrink plastic - somewhere - (no doubt I'll find it when I finally clear up after Tim's 12 day tag 'marathon'!!) and I have got a little UTEE, but no melting pot (it's been on my wish list for ages! - hint to Santa!!).  So Instead, I die cut a star & embossed it with a texture fade, coloured it with alcohol ink (mainly salmon, with a tiny touch of cranberry, a sort of 1950's colour?) & added some glossy accents (which I think I was a little heavy-handed with, as they took ages to dry - perhaps I should have just used some distress stickles!)
Well, its the last lap now, just 1 more tag to go - this year!  I'll certainly miss doing them every day!
More tomorrow,  Kay

1 comment:

  1. Great idea and great tag...i don't have a pot either...I am not sure what I am going to make for today...Yours came out great.

    ReplyDelete