Wednesday 19 March 2014

Tim's tag for March

Hi again!

I was totally amazed & shocked (and speechless!) when Tim released his tag for March!!!  Why???  Every month, all the entries go into a prize draw - imagine my shock when I saw my name in the post as one of the prize winners!!!!!  (& thanks to everyone who commented on my post!)  So at the moment I'm looking forward to the arrival of my prize!!!

So, onward & upward!

This month, Tim used his 'smudge stamping' technique to create two tags.  I did try this before when I took Tim's Creative Chemistry 102 online class although I kept muddling the two tags up!) so I had another go!  (I didn't get them muddled this time!)

 
 
As you can see, the one on the right is paler, more subtle, as it uses second-impression stamping, having already stamped the tag on the left, & using just the ink remaining on the stamp for the second tag, then a little bit of smudging to slightly blur the outlines.   I think with a little more practice, I shall really get to enjoy this technique, and 'two for the price of one'!!!
 
I used vintage photo, seedless preserves, peacock feathers & peeled paint ink pads, with a little spiced marmalade through the stencil for the background.  I used the same colours on the tag ribbons, but added more water to create a paler ribbon for the second tag.  For the little flowers, I used seedless preserves paint, with an addition of a pale grey/blue on the right. 
 
Back soon!     Kay

1 comment:

  1. Lovely tags Kay - I love these stamps. You definitely got the hang of the stamping technique. tfs x

    ReplyDelete