Sunday 2 March 2014

New beginnings #2

I joined Christy Tomlinson's online Art Society Video Club back in January ... monthly inspiration for mixed media canvases. Very different, but I'm loving it! Videos come mid-month, so here's my January canvas ...




 
I added a layer of tissue wrap to the canvas, then painted over; added die cut patterned paper leaves which I painted over, and a couple of die cut embossed butterflies I'd done a while back & added the text.  It looked quite disjointed, so I finally sprayed over the whole canvas!
 
For the second one for January, I went 'off track' a bit!  A dark background, & for Christmas I'd got the Steeleye Span album "Wintersmith" (inspired by Terry Pratchett's tales of Tiffany Aching).  One of the songs on the album was called 'I shall wear Midnight'. I'd already done the black/grey background for my canvas.  I also had some tiny patterned leaves left over.  So I decided to create my canvas around these ...
 
 

And here's a couple for February ...


The patchwork is made of rectangles of the top layer of paper napkins (I've gathered quite a collection over the years!); faux 'stitching' added with pen.

 
For this one, I used Tim Holtz fabric for the patchwork.  As the edges of the material were already 'pinked', I cut the rectangles with pinking shears & I added a little stamping using various border stamps, with a little distress ink on the edges (back to my favourite 'muted' colours!!).
 
Back soon!     Kay



No comments:

Post a Comment