Monday 30 July 2012

12 tags of 2012 - July

After weeks & weeks (months?!) of a very wet, rainy & cloudy 'summer', we've finally had a few days of hot sunshine!  So I thought I'd create a bright & cheeful tag for July, following Tim's alcohol ink technique for his July tag.  I remembered the quote 'make hay while the sun shines' and took it quite literally! - thinking of a corn field, with poppies, ripening in the sun...

I used alcohol inks in aqua, lettuce, cranberry & gold mixative.  The stamps are from a retro florals set by Chocolate Baroque.
I printed the quote onto a separate strip of glossy cardstock & cut out the words. I coloured the ribbon with festive berries & tumbled glass distress inks & added a green organza ribbon as well.
Finally I added a metal swirl & a couple of diecut ears of corn (from Tim's Autumn Gatherings die).  Hopefully we'll have lots more sunny days in August so that all the hay & corn that hasn't already been ruined by the rain & floods will ripen well in the fields this year ...
Back soon!  Kay

1 comment:

  1. I love the tag and the use of that saying! Hope your crops rebound! Here in NYC is has been dry and so my lawn is crunchy!

    ReplyDelete