Monday 25 June 2012

12 tags of 2012 - June

Finally I've got round to doing my take on Tim's June tag!  I distressed the photo (with broken china & wild honey distress inks) a couple of weeks ago - it's been sitting around waiting for me to finish the tag!

I love this photo of my Mum & Dad in the 1940's (I think!) - they both loved dancing (in fact they even met at a dance!).  I remember Mum having a pale blue dress - I think it might have been this one!  I don't think Dad would have worn a 'brown' suit to a dance - but the colours matched - a bit of 'artistic licence'...!

I inked the tag itself in picket fence, broken china, antique linen & a little tattered rose distress stain (& I used up the remains of the stains on the craft sheet on the card behind the photo)
I used Tim's stamps for the background & the quote (love that quote!) & cut out the names of the dances that they used to do from a piece of tissue wrap.
The star is a reminder of one of Dad's favourite songs - Star Dust - which I'm pretty sure they would have danced the fox trot (?) to!  Hunting through my bits, I found the 'hold' word stick, which seemed so appropriate!
I made a tab out of the filmstrip ribbon & added the year they were married.

Back soon!  Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment