Thursday 31 May 2012

Dabber resist

Our FB group, for anyone who's done (or is doing) Tim's 'Creative Chemistry 101' course holds a monthly challenge.  This month, it's the 'dabber resist' technique and today's the last day for posting!!!
I've been experimenting (playing around!) with it & here's my attempt!...


 The background text & the main quote are Tim's stamps,
the flowers are from a 'retro florals' set by Chocolate Baroque
I used a silvery pearl cardstock, which seems to work quite well.  The background is in peeled paint & broken china.  I embossed the quote & the middle flowers with dried marigold distress powder on top of spiced marigold distress ink.

taken with flash, this shows the shine from the cardstock!
 At the moment, I've put it in a wooden frame - I did have a try doing the dabber resist technique on a frame, but I think I need some warmer/lighter colours of stains - the peeled paint in particular came out very dark on the wood - not the effect I was looking for at all!!!  Once I've got a couple more colours, I'll have a go at the frame, with a few embellishments as well, of course!!

I didn't have as good success on other surfaces - here's one I did on linen-textured cardstock... I found it quite difficult getting the stain off the resist but leaving it on the background!! Again, I used the same colours of distress... (stamp by PaperArtsy)

Back soon (in June)!  Kay x

No comments:

Post a Comment