Tuesday 22 May 2012

12 tages of 2012 - May (and more!)

Just in time, a tag inspired by Tim's stunning May 2012 tag.  Such a beautiful tag, & gorgeous faux porcelain flowers!!
Firstly, I have a confession to make - for some unknown reason, I have no Tim Holtz haberdashery stamps (unless you count my 'sewing room' die custom foam stamps)!  How has that happened? (I can't believe it!)
So for May's tag, I've pulled out some 'Stamp Attack' haberdashery stamps I've had for a while instead! But at least I've used my custom 'dress form' foam stamp!
My first attempt didn't go too well (the background stamp was too obscured by the dress form) - but I cut out the dress form to use on another tag (see below) & stamped the 'Made to Measure' words on a blank bit for this tag.
And my first attempt at UTEEing the flowers was hopeless (I haven't yet got a melting pot - which is definitely on my wish list now) so I scraped off the solid clumps of UTEE (!) & had another go, this time using beeswax - slightly better - up close the texture is a bit like velvet (although it's a bit 'solid' - I love beeswax so that's yet another reason I would like a melt pot!)


I didn't want too many embellishments on it as the dress form is quite striking, but I did add some real, probably vintage (!) press studs (snap fasteners) to the triangle stamp at the bottom, along with a vintage hook & stamped button on the hanger clip.
Very grungy this tag, a bit to grungy for me?  not sure! Anyway, there it is!

So anyway, I decided to use my 'spare' dress form for another tag.  Here in the UK, everything is gearing up to the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations the weekend after next - 60 years on the throne!!!  So there's lots of Jubilee things in the shops; Union Jacks, crowns, corgis (!) - red white & blue everywhere!!
So as I can't beat them, I've joined them!!!




This tag is based (very loosely!) on Tim's May tag with the dress form & flowers (this time inked in picket fence, tumbled glass & worn lipstick distress markers, & coated with glossy accents which I think gives more of a porcelain effect!).
 I inked the background (through a Union Jack stencil from Tanda)  with worn lipstick & tumbled glass distress markers, as I wanted the colours to be light & bright.  I added a couple of stickers onto the dress form from the company East of India (which produce some lovely things) - these were from their Jubilee sticker sheet no 1741 (background to the tag photo) - I found them in a gift shop in Watford - but the company supplies lots of retailers in the UK!!  
I used Tim's '60' game piece, adding diamond bling & added some Jones Tones silver hologram glitter (which is very fine) to Tim's crown.  I found some (very old) rub-on numbers which I added for the dates.  A bit of trim, & it was done!
I may well do a couple of other 'jubilee' pieces... 


Back soon!  Kay

2 comments:

  1. wow, cool tags, all that detail and layers, beautiful, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your tags are great..That second one rocked! I love all the British look and your flowers and crown are awesome.

    ReplyDelete