Sunday 15 April 2012

CC2 technique 1

Linda Ledbetter of Studio L3 is hosting a series of challenges using Tim Holtz's new book 'A Compendium of Curiosities volume II' and each week she'll post where in the book to find the week's challenge...  Luckily my copy arrived last Thursday so I'm able to play along from the beginning!


This week, the technique is on page 66 (you can buy the book from Tim's website - & while you're there, check out his new website design - very Tim!) & this week's sponsor is Simon Says Stamp.

So, turning to page 66, you can see how to make your own custom foam stamps... I decided to make a card this week, using a couple of the stamps I'd made...  for 'fashionistas' everywhere!  Quite simple, this one; custom foam stamps, a bit of distress ink blending on the background (antique linen, barn door & broken china), a text stamp & a few 'pearls'!!


Back soon!  Kay

7 comments:

  1. I want that dress!! Kay, not only are you a great tag designer, I have a hunch you'd be a great clothing designer, too. This is delightful, and I'm so glad you shared it for the CC2C!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! (Please consider turning off word verification - I love commenting but it makes it so difficult.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great use of the dress form die!! Love it as a custom foam stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute cute card, great custom stamp. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant design and I love the colours
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, just adorable!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete