Friday 31 January 2014

Creative JumpStart 2014 - homemade 'Gelli Plate'

A couple of the videos for Creative Jump Start 2014 (www.nathaliesstudio.com) used household items to create a gelli plate for mono-printing.

Inspired by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer and Louise Nelson, I decided to give it a go.

I actually made my 'gelli plate' from a piece of 'fun foam', which seems to be standing up well to its use!
home-made 'gelli plate'
Using turquoise and tapioca paint, & blue and green card, I started to play! On some I also used a stamp with the paint. 


    
I did several more!  The brighter green and blue are the colour of the card, as I used a mask of torn paper to create the background shape.
 
I decided to make a card from the one on the right.
 
 
 I had already stamped the 'flowers' in both paint colours. I sketched round the edge of the masked shape with an opaque white pen.  I stamped the butterfly and corners and embossed them with Stampendous Frantage aged silver embossing powder and finally added the ChitChat words and the raffia bow.
(Household objects - torn paper from notebook, raffia, (& home-made 'gelli plate') & I used Stampendous embossing powder as mentioned above.)
 
Back soon!     Kay


1 comment:

  1. Lovely results! Looks like you had fun playing. I'll have to try this soon too!

    ReplyDelete