Thursday 4 October 2012

CC2C - Challenge 23

It's Challenge 23 this week on Linda's Studio L3 blog. Tim's technique is using Distress Markers, on page 50 of Tim's book 'Compendium of Curiosities vol ii'.  And this week's prize is an awesome one of gorgeous goodies from a box that Mario sent to Linda!
Autumn seems definitely with us now, so I decided on a simple 'art' work...
I stamped the Birch blueprint from Tim's new Mini Blueprints CMS136 stamp set in the middle of a piece of watercolour paper.  Then I drew the border & filled it in freehand with 'silver brich' tree trunks.  I stamped the birch leaf several times more & 'fussy-cut' them out.  Finally I was ready to colour in with distress markers (and a little water) - tumbled glass for the sky, and a selection of fired brick, frayed burlap, bundled sage, scattered straw and crushed olive for the leaves, and finally frayed burlap & picket fence for the tree trunks.
I love this stamp set - it's so versatile, with 4 each of Autumn, Halloween & Christmas blueprints, which are just large enough to use on a card with other elements - I'm so glad I got them!
And of course, I love the distress markers!  I love the range of colours you can get, even with just a few, and a little water!  I'll have to get a few more of them soon though (I've got 10 at the moment)...

Back soon!   Kay 

No comments:

Post a Comment